Thursday, April 16, 2015

It's me, it's me....it's Ernest T!

I am here to SERVE, I am here to INSPIRE, I am here to LOVE, I am here to live MY TRUTH ~Deepak Chopra

Since starting this blog, and after reading my dear cousin's fabulous post (check her out, she has a lovely blog!), I realize I haven't even introduced myself.  Many of you know me, and all readers know that I am a believer in The Daniel Plan, but I thought it was time I share a bit more.  Ten things, to be exact. Since becoming a busy mother and wife, I spend little to no time thinking about who I am, but really, it's important.  Right, ladies? so, here goes...

1. I'm totally type-a, first-born in every way.  Because of this, I battle being a stressed perfectionist at times.  It's only because of my relationship with Christ and relying on his promises and believing in his love that I am experiencing freedom! Thank you, GOD!
 
2. God is my number one love! A year ago, I heard someone post this question, "Do you love Christ or are you IN LOVE with him?"  It struck me as the oddest, most ridiculous question, but through the past year of major change, I can say I am in love :)
 
3. I am a wife and a mother. Married for 15 1/2 years to my best friend (for real) and mother to one son, age 9 (failed adoption), one daughter, age 9 (miracle adoption) and one son who is in Heaven. Who knows what GOD has planned for our future...we look to the future with excitement.
 
4. Part-time librarian, dream job.  When I was a child, I dreamed of becoming a librarian, and have been blessed to be given the opportunity.  My daughter swears I am the perfect librarian as I am mild, well-read and slightly boring.  Lol.
 
5. My family is in a season of change.  Good and bad, frustrating, exciting, scary...all the feelings. In the last month I've given birth to a still-born, my husband has accepted a ministry position and I've had to make big career and financial decisions. After burying a child, decision that once would have worried me to the point of illness don't seem quite as life shattering.
 
6. This girl is a serious foodie...perhaps a food snob. If time allows, spending the day in the kitchen due to a tedious recipe is my idea of a perfect day.  Cooking has always been a hobby, hence the need for the Daniel Plan. Still love to cook, just making adjustments as I go.
 
7. My last meal would include Crab alfredo, The Pioneer Woman's Cheesy Olive Bread, a Caesar salad, cherry limeade, and oreo cheesecake. I am now officially drooling :)
 
8. Music. Music could easily be my life.  I'm the girl who has a shameful amount of music on her phone, has surround sound in every room, always has a song on her lips.  I hum in the car, play the piano at odd times and ya have to love it or leave it.  Piano, flute, piccolo, and ukulele are my fav instruments to play.
 
9. I really hate technology.  We embrace it when we have to, and are skilled, but UGH I so hate the way it rules our lives via addiction.  My family deserves so much more of me than seeing my with my face plastered to my phone. 
 
10. Gardening is awesome.  Love, love, love my little garden.  It is peaceful--even when overtaken with weeds. IF it will ever stop raining, I will start putting seeds in the ground.  Not holding my breath.
 
So, there ya go, I few things about me.  Please leave a comment and introduce yourself to me!

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks for the mention. :)

    Your menu sounds so good. I ironically thought about my last meal yesterday. Pizza, macaroni and cheese, and tirimasu. All the cheesy carbs please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete